Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Road Ahead...

What's happened since I last posted? Not much.

First, volleyball season has ended. I am sad it's over, but it will free up some much needed time to study and prepare for finals. I still see the team on a regular basis which I need because they are my rock when things are crazy.

My volleyball girls
Meredith and I-love this girl, she keeps me sane.
I went to a Allen Stone and Jack's Mannequin concert in Spokane with a few friends that was a great time.

Jack's Mannequin concert!
I've been on a bit of an emotional roller coaster but today I feel good. However, I'm not sure if this is the plateau before the drop or the end of the ride.

I checked out a few library books to help plan my adventure in Europe before I head to Jordan. Planning this has been quite the task and I know I'm not close to being done. But I'm trying to enjoy the process and thinking about all the things ahead of me is really exciting.

I went home for Thanksgiving this past weekend. It was great to see Mom, Dad and Julie. Everyone is doing well; Julie loves school and I couldn't be happier for her.

Julie and I trying on some old aprons Mom made for us when we were little.
Seeing friends at home!
Me, Taylor, Micah, Laura, Heather, Ashlee
I arrived back in Spokane tonight; it's nice to be back. As I was leaving Viroqua I wondered whether I was leaving home or coming home. Sometimes, I wonder. Since I did not do any homework over the break I have a LOT to do tomorrow. The only things left in all of my classes are things due during finals week so I'm definitely in the home stretch, but it's still a lot of work to do, and it needs to be done well.

It's also a strange feeling to think that I have three more weeks on campus before I'm gone for at least five months!!! I am going to miss Gonzaga. I am going to miss my friends! I want to take every opportunity I can to spend time with the people I love here before I'm gone. Don't get me wrong-I'm more than excited to go to Jordan. But I may have forgotten how much I love being at GU and how much I am going to miss it.

So, I've made a pact with myself. I wrote it down, signed it and hung it by my door so I see it every single day. I am going to dedicate the next three weeks to me. I will pour myself into my schoolwork so I finish the semester on a good note. I will do everything I can to prepare myself for a fun two weeks in Europe and a successful semester in Jordan. I will jump on every opportunity to spend time with my friends. I will not let someone else's actions affect mine or my emotions. I will make myself better.

That's the plan anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment