Sunday, November 6, 2011

Family

My parents visited last weekend! It was so great to see them. The volleyball team was out of town so it was their first real visit to campus when I didn't have volleyball stuff going on so they got to see everything else I do on campus.

They flew in on a Thursday afternoon. That night we went out to dinner with the Armstrong family. The Armstrongs are like my family away from home so it was great for my mom and dad to spend some time with my second family. Then on Friday we hung out around campus for most of the day. (I still had some classes.) On Friday night we went to the basketball game. On Saturday morning we went to Greenbluff, which is an area north of Spokane with lots of family farms where you can pick your own apples, pumpkins, etc. Trader Joes just opened in Spokane, so after Greenbluff we took a trip there. It's great when your parents are there to buy groceries! Mom then made apple dumplings with the apples we had picked from Greenbluff and a spaghetti  feast for me and my friends. It was so nice to spend some quality time with them.

I hadn't really spent a good amount of time with them since early July. I miss my family when I'm not with them, but over time the feeling tends to dissipate quite a bit. But then once you get to spend time with them, it makes it that much worse to say good bye. Every day I realize how lucky I am to have the parents I do.

I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving! I'm going home and will get to see Julie for the first time since she left for school!! We're going to spend the holiday with the Mulvaney side of the family. More family time, yay!


Basketball Game!
Apple picking.

Outside my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment