Sunday, October 7, 2012

Great weekend, great friends, great outdoors

The internship I'm doing this year is funded by a group called the M.J. Murdock Trust. Each fall they have a retreat for their "Vision and Call Interns" (of which I am one). The retreat was at a camp in Yelm, Washington. It's a tiny, tiny town south of Seattle. It was about a 6 hour drive from Spokane. I went with 6 other interns from Gonzaga and then three interns at Whitworth University that is also in Spokane. Although the drive was long, it was fun and the whole weekend was just what I needed.

A view of the lake on the grounds.

Beautiful Mount Rainier 

kate, katie, katherine (say that three times fast)
we might have broke the fence  when we sat on it...whoops.



We got to go nighttime zip lining. Quite the experience.
This is Josh, my boss and director of CLP and Patrick, my partner in crime also known as the other CLP intern. 
Our cabin :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow Kate, that looks like so much fun! Beautiful!!

    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete