Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Outside the city...


Not much to report in the past week, but I’ll post a few pictures. 

On Friday I went with a few friends to Dibeen, a small village about an hour outside the city. It was great to see some countryside and we had a little barbecue. 

On Saturday I volunteered at a small, all-girls school in Ajloun, another small village outside of Amman. We painted in the morning and went for a hike in the afternoon. Not a very productive weekend in terms of schoolwork, but it was great.

The view on the way to Dibeen.
One of my favorite Jordanian treats! Zatar, zait and bread!
Painting at the school in Ajloun.
My peer tutor, Ghadeer, joined us. 

More paint may have ended up on the ground than on the  walls,
but at least they were white when we finished!


We hiked through a herd of goats. 

The view at the end of our hike; it felt SO good!


No comments:

Post a Comment